Thursday, February 21, 2013

Additional Door Pictures





Here's the additional renders. On top you got the basic perspective angle with the dude to show scale.

The second being how it opens. Step 1 is the closed and locked state. Step 2 is the first lock releasing. Step 3 is the second lock releasing by lowering into a space beneath the floor (which would close once the lock is lowered, so vehicles might drive over). Step 4 showing how the door would open.

Unfortunately just as I was 98% done I came to the conclusion that this could not be the final piece that would be used for the pipe. The way it opens would just be impractical for industrial use. Opening as it does takes up far too much space in order for the door to completely open, it would also require unnecessarily complicated mechanisms to actually open it, which would take up even more room; a sliding door would just be the best bet. This was my initial plan, but at the time, I could not think of an original way to do it. Thankfully when I do redesign it, I can reuse many of the parts (including the locks) keeping me from having to re-texture the whole thing, which would take much more time than necessary.

All in all, I am quite pleased with it. I am very happy with the textures and the overall design of it (aside from how it opens).


No comments:

Post a Comment