Monday, February 4, 2013

Starting to texture


Just started texturing. Pleased with the weathering. Probably going to change colors around, I'd like the stains to look more like, well, stains, not rust. ... Scratch all the things!

Really early, but finally got the licence issue settled and was able to get started. I'm working with a 4k texture file (4096x4096 pixels), which is HUGE. Most games today use 1024-2048 for current gen. So why am I working in 4k? As shown in previous posts, the door itself is huge and I felt if you were to look at it in first person, you would need a lot of information to show it clearly. ... Also, it's fun to work with this kind of detail :D

I rendered this in a newly discovered program, Marmoset Toolbag. It's a super cool real time render program that will load your textures on the fly. Trying out the free trial for now, and someday when I have fifty bucks lying around, I might pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment