Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ka blam! - Modeling Done!!


Ok so maybe not 100% done... 85% >.< Just got to add some small tweaks, and hinges. But this is basically the final look, minus the textures and what not.

~~Back on the top, front on the bottom.~~

(save the pictures to your computer to view at full size, they're big)










Some perspective views to show the "slots" at the top that guide the door and lock it into place. To the right, left and center of the top, there are rectangular shapes, they are locking pistons. When the door opens, the center circle will rotate 45 degrees, pulling the pistons up/down to lock/unlock the door, allowing it will swing open (or not) like a double door.

Adding hinges should fill in the outer edges. Just really wanted to post something, so not all the way done, but a day's work left.

Once that is done, I'll be moving onto UVs then textures. My goal is to finish it all by February 9th, if not sooner.

(some more moving stuff, but that will be more clear in the future)

~~Back on the top, front on the bottom.~~

I've set a goal for myself to finish a piece every month. Most likely they will all be environmental pieces as I hope to build a strong portfolio that could land me a Environment Artist gig. With that, I'm doing my best to squeeze in at least three hours daily of Maya work. That isn't too strict as school and such takes priority for now. On that front though, I am getting crazy good grades! Mostly A's with some B's mixed in. So smaht :-)

** Edit Jan 24th - my licence for the UV program has expired so until I re-up that, I'll be shelving this :( **

No comments:

Post a Comment