Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Face and neckline progress

Further progress of the face. Was having some problems with creating the right proportions and what not, which took a long time to fix, hence the long time between posts (also the Holidays and midterms).

First picture showing the face, neck and shoulder. In order to not spend to spend too much time on the character, I am only sculpting the anatomy that will be visible when she is clothed. Some day I hope to do a proper anatomy study.



The second picture being a close up showing off much of the detail in the face. Mainly the skin texture and cracks and such in the lips. Adding these little details add some much. Like with most forms of art, for the first 80% or so of the project it will only look ok, but when you add in the little details in the end, that is when it all comes together as something beautiful, which is why many artists are reluctant to show their works in progress. So why am I? For one, I would like to document my progress so I can look back and see what I have learned. Also I do this because a lot of family and friends don't have any clue of what I do, I hope this to be enlightening. Moving on!

There's still a little bit of work to be done on the head. Ears, basic toning and smoothing. Then it's to the hands (ugh), and finishing up the arms. Next would be adding clothing and hair! Very excited to start adding clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment